Before taking out your contact lenses, check:
- Always wash you hand before touching your eyes or contact lenses.
- If you use a contact lens case ensure that it is clean and contains fresh solution or saline.
- Never use tap water.
The simplest method of removal is to pinch the lens gently off the eye:
- Place your first finger and thumb on opposing sides of the contact lens and slide it down onto the white of the eye.
- Pinch the lens gently off the eye, taking care not to squeeze it too hard.
- If the lens surfaces stick together and it remains firmly folded, place it in the case to rehydrate it for a few minutes before attempting to unfold it.
- Then follow your recommended cleaning regime